Top 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started In 2005….
(In no particular order)
- Time is the most valuable asset you have. Spend it wisely!
- Get in line, stay in line. The second you step out, there are hundreds of people waiting to move into your spot.
- Website design will make or break your business. Do not cheap out! No one wants to look at 1997 graphics.
- Quality over Quantity wins EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
- You won’t be good at everything. Ever. Focus on your strengths not your weaknesses.
- Who you align yourself with is a major part of your success. Get the right people around you and you’ll thrive.
- Your customers are not walking dollar signs. They are real people with stories and they matter. People before profits, always.
- Not every customer is right for you and that is okay. Don’t let that get you down.
- In order to find good results you have to take risks. Take them.
- It’s okay to say no when you get overwhelmed. Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
There are a bajillion more lessons….but I’ll save those for future posts!